Seitan is a very versatile food when it comes to cooking. You can make any recipe with it. Here we leave a proposal of seitan roasted with raisins and shiitake mushrooms. And, for an original accompaniment, try a cauliflower with turmeric and coconut milk in the oven. We loved the final result!
Rusty of seitan with raisins and shiitake
Ingredients for three servings:
- 1 package of seitan,
- 2 medium thin sliced onions,
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped,
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts,
- ¾ cup of prunes soaked 2 hours,
- 3 bay leaves,
- çolive oil,
- soy sauce.
- In a large skillet, brown the onions and garlic for 10 minutes with a few drops of soy sauce.
- Then add the shiitake, bay leaves, seitan cut into thin slices and a teaspoon of soy sauce.
- Cook over medium or low heat for about 20 minutes. Add the soaked plums and half a cup of the soaking water and cook for 10 more minutes. And serve!
Baked cauliflower with turmeric
- 1 “head” of cauliflower.
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper .
- 1/4 teaspoon of striped garlic.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- 2-3 tablespoons of coconut milk.
- Optional: a pinch of oregano and / or basil.
- Cut the cauliflower so that the individual flowers remain. Wash them well, and place in a deep bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 220ºF.
- Prepare the mixture of coconut oil, coconut milk, turmeric, pepper, garlic and the optional ingredients you want. Integrate well and it remains like a sauce.
- Pour the mixture over the flowers of cauliflower. Try that all the flowers are bathed with the mixture.
- Place the cauliflower flowers in a suitable container for the oven.
- Grill for 20 minutes or until well roasted. And done!