This weekend we have tasted a buckwheat paella with vegetables, coconut milk and turmeric and, we have to say that we liked it a lot! It is a delicious way to consume this pseudo cereal with high protein content and that helps fight against cholesterol, cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. Here you have the recipe.
- 240 gr of buckwheat
- 500 ml of coconut milk
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Vegetables: 1 carrot, 1 leek, 1 zucchini, 200 gr of shiitake mushrooms, 1 red pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of ginger
- Cut all the vegetables into pieces and let them retreat.
- Peel the onion and the garlic and the ginger and fry it
- Heat the paella at medium heat with the tablespoon of olive oil and fry the onion with the garlic
- Add the vegetables and sauté together for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the spices (nutmeg, curry and pepper) and cook a few more minutes.
- Introduce the coconut milk and cook 15 -20 minutes over medium heat until the vegetables are tender.
- In a saucepan, boil the buckwheat for 15 minutes in water as directed by the manufacturer.
- Once ready, mix the buckwheat with the vegetable and its sauce and ready to eat