Fricandó de Seitan is the vegetarian version of a typical Catalan dish and the proof that you can taste delicious Catalan cuisine without the need to put meat. And remember that this dish gets even more flavor the day after it has been.
We have accompanied it with “nerone” rice to further enhance its flavor
- 250 g seitan
- 20 g of dry mushrooms
- 1 c / s of tomato concentrate
- 1 onion
- cloves of garlic
- 1/2 glass of wine
- 2 c / s of soy sauce
- 8 plums
- 1 glass of vegetable broth
- 2 glasses of water
- olive oil
- flour (integral)
For “la picada”:
- 22g toasted hazelnuts
- 20g fried bread (or croutons)
- garlic and parsley
- Put the dried mushrooms to rehydrate in hot water.
- Cut the seitan into fillets and squeeze them with flour. Fry in a pan with hot oil and reserve them.
- Cut onion and garlic finely and, fry until the onion are transparent.
- Add the vegetable broth, tomato concentrate, wine and soy sauce. Spoon well and let it cook a little.
- Cut the mushrooms into pieces and add them to the sauce together with the plums and water. Let it cook for about 20 minutes. Next, put the seitan and let it cook all together for about 5 minutes
- In a mortar (“la picada”), chop with hazelnuts, fried bread, garlic and parsley. Add the chopped to the pan and allow to cook for 5 minutes.